Self-taught, Ugo approaches photography in 2017 after over a 30 years in the software industry.
He begins his journey by photographing dolls portrraying them as if they are real women.
In 2020, he approaches nude art and organizes a series of shooting sessions in a forest and other outdoor locations. His images are published in twenty international magazines.
2021 marks the beginning to promote photography on paper. Ugo realizes that in order to call himself a photographer, it is imperative to print his own images. He begins to work at the “nudeartzine” project, which engages him for most of the year producing a series of 31 volumes with a magazine cut: each book is a monograph dedicated to a photographer. The first volume, the pilot issue, contains his images.
Later, he participates in a collective exhibition in Milan where he showcases a demo of (R)
. The main concept being that photography cannot be reduced to only two dimensions, as there is too much energy in the creation process.
In 2022, Ugo sees two of his dreams come true: to receive awards from the 1x.com site and to be published in NUDE Magazine.
He devotes most of his time to the “Appunti di viaggio” (travel notes) project, thanks to which he began to approach his photography in a much more project-based way than in his early years.
Printing became more and more fundamental in his journey and he added to his equipment a professional printer thanks to which he began training to learn the art of printing.
He started his formation in 2017, initially following a series of courses in Spain.
Since then he continues to deepen his education as a self-taught photographer on the web, reading books and attending workshops of internationally renowned photographers such as, Peter Coulson and Thomas Holm.
Some courses he attended
- Boudoir on the Edge, web, Brianna & Ewan Phelan
- Natural Light Portraits, web, Amanda Diaz
- Studio Lightning 101 web, Lindsay Adler
- Beauty and Portrait Retouching, web, Pratik Naik
- 28 Days of Portrait Photography, web, Sue Bryce
- The Complete Guide To Black and White Photography, web, Peter Coulson
- Boudoir Photography Bootcamp, web, Jen Rozenbaum
- Location Posing Execution, web, Roberto Valenzuela
- Posing 101 Women, web, Lindsay Adler
- Picture Perfect Lighting , web, Roberto Valenzuela
- Posing for Curvy Women, web, Lindsay Adler
- Posing 101 - Essentials, web, Lindsay Adler
- Inside The Glamour Studio, web, Sue Bryce
- High Impact, Low Fuss Lighting, web, Lindsay Adler
- Fine Art Nude Photography, web, Lindsay Adler
- Surreal Portrait Retouching, web, Kelly Robitaille
- Annie Leibovitz Teaches Photography, web
- Composite Portraiture, web, Sandro Miller
- Creative Photoshop Techniques, web, Renee Robyn
- Creative Studio Lighting, web, Lindsay Adler
- Conquering Crappy Light, web, Lindsay Adler
- Masters of Photography, web, Albert Watson
- Masters of Photography, web, Joel Meyerowitz
- Composition Beyond the Rule of Thirds, web, Chris Knight
- Fine Art Compositing, web,Brooke Shaden
- Finding Rembrandt, web, Chris Knight
- Dramatic Portraiture, web, Chris Knight
- Fine Art Womens Portraits, web, Jennifer Thoreson
Women in studio
MAC Art, Milan, Italy
Como nel quadrato
Permanent ~ PermanenteVisit the exhibition
September, 12~18 2021
Symphonie de Couleurs
August ~ October 2019
October ~ November 2019Download Ugo Grandolini's Bio